Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Using Social Media to Find a Better Job - Continued


or, People Say the Nicest Things Department – Part III

Andy is an unsung hero in our community.... His selflessness, compassion and commitment to his outreach work are truly inspirational... Andy is a man of great character with incredible passion for social justice... Andy successfully inspired broad spectrum community participation... He brings many years of experience and knowledge to any organization...

Some of you have been following my ongoing job search efforts over on Twitter and LinkedIn et al. (You can connect with me on Twitter @canayjun). I'm searching for a career with a non-profit engaged in homeless services and helping to end homelessness. I’ve been making a concerted effort to improve the usual round of submitting resumes and cover letters to promising organizations, by using the various social networks and apps that I have access to. Here's the latest via YouTube, LinkedIn and GoogleDocs.  LinkedIn has a nice feature that let's you embed various applications to deliver multimedia content right on your LinkedIn profile - in this case I've used their Google Docs app to add a presentation with an embedded Youtube video.

Check out the video - see me and my colleagues at work:


The video was produced with the help of TurnHere.com while I was the Community Development Coordinator for Project417 and I highly recommend the TurnHere service for anyone, non-profit or private business alike, to jump into video marketing for your cause or company. TurnHere's customer service was superb and the videographer was the best. We filmed out on the streets of Toronto (at Yonge Dundas Square), because that is where the outreach to people experiencing homelessness takes place year round. 


You can reach me on Twitter @canayjun and sharing the link to this blog post on Twitter Google+, Facebook and others would be a big boost to my networking efforts and much appreciated.


::
::

No comments:

Post a Comment

...