Friday, February 21, 2014

New OneDrive Cloud Storage Up to 15GB Free

Microsoft Revamps SkyDrive - Introduces OneDrive with Free Cloud Storage


I've used SkyDrive since back in the day pre 2005 when Microsoft introduced the Windows Live suite of services and known for a time as Live Folders. Back then, I used it primarily as photo storage and all of the photo folders are still on my new OneDrive. Now I use it to store pretty much anything I create on my Windows 8.1 machine as well as my Android smartphone (Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.3) The amount of storage has steadily increased and the 2GB file upload size is particularly useful. I've never encountered an instance where I could not access the SkyDrive / OneDrive service and the offline accessibility and integration is seamless.

So many people use Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Services and the rest and I use most of those for specific purposes as well, both work and personal home use. But I would say that the new OneDrive service boasts the best ease-of-use features. I really enjoy the Android app which is a little ironic when you think about it.

You get 7GB free just for signing up (click here for the OneDrive website), and can unlock an extra 3GB right away by activating the Camera Roll feature. Just like Dropbox you can get more cloud storage, up to 5 GB by inviting friends to sign up, just like I'm doing here.

Invite friends to join OneDrive

For each friend who signs into OneDrive as a new customer, both you and your friend will receive an extra 0.5 GB of free storage (max 5 GB).


CNET has reported that the first 100,000 users to sign up may get as much as 100GB of free cloud storage on OneDrive just for being one of the first. Sign up now, well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...